Thursday, October 18, 2012

West 64th Street Jazz presents the Swingin' Fox & Friends


The New York Society for Ethical Culture presents, my dear friend, renowned pianist Lenore Raphael, The Swingin Fox, & Friends, at Ceremonial Hall , in NYC, on November 16, 2012.

It will be an evening of great jazz. Joining Lenore will be, Harry Allen on tenor, and Phil Bowler on bass.

My friendship with Lenore began more than a decade ago when, as a new Jazz dj at 88.9fm (Shaw University), I was asked if  wanted to do a phone interview with a Jazz musician calling from New York.  I was in Raleigh, NC. The morning dj who was scheduled for the interview called in sick.

I jumped at the chance to do something new.

About eight years later I met Lenore at a concert,  and during intermission I approached the stage. I introduced myself and, before I could ask about the interview years before, she said, "I remember you. You interviewed me". We've been friends ever since. We did another interview in Durham, NC in 2010.

Lenore's latest CD, Loverly, is up for a Grammy nomination.

For more go to, lenoreraphael.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<2>,